Friday 1 April 2011

Rant Archive: Optimised characters

Right Listen Up!

Despite RM having 20 classes and 111 skills our party seems to be merging into some kind of bizarre singularity of plate-wearing, composite bow firing, Paladin-Rogues. What's going on?

...so screw you guys.


Characters that are not suitably differentiated from existing characters will be dealt with in the only way I know how, my critical tables. I have a table for rape damage you know, I'm not joking, RM actually went there. I'm drawing up the bonuses Trolls get right now.

I appreciate there are only basically 3 ways of killing things but you don't all have to use a fucking composite bow.

There is more than enough room for 4 different fighters, 4 different rogues and about 200 different casters. There are 79 fucking secondary skills, you have 5 each. And yet somehow there are still 74 things none of you can do.

From now on weapon skills will be learnt individually instead of in categories. I'll continue to dilute your DPs like this until I get 7 demonstrably different characters. Every skill I add is something you fail at by default, don't provoke me.

If differentiating your characters solely on their expertise at doing a logger without getting poo on their hands becomes necessary then it's something I'm more than happy to consider. Don't make me add the Toilet skill.

I'm starting to enjoy these FB rants, I think they'll become a regular feature of RM

(and yeah I'm exaggerating and yeah I'm not even actually angry, but it's way more fun to make points this way)

No comments:

Post a Comment